09 January, 2012

SYL

I recently read Tam Milborn's first post for 2012. I like Tam's blog. She keeps it real and writes about every day stuff that resonates with me as a mum to three young kids.

Her first post was about the 52 weeks to simplify your life challenge.

Do you find yourself dealing with the same issues over and over again year after year?

Do you struggle to get your home organised?


I don't make resolutions each year but those two statements are ME! I'm on a mission this year. To sort myself out, physically, mentally and to do the same to my house and family. We are a good family but I want to set us up physically and mentally to be a great family. Having Isobel start school has got me thinking about what the next 20 or so years hold and I want us to set in place some things to get us on the right path.

So I'm joining in!!

Week #1 Challenge: Create a list of everything that went “right” in 2011

  • My son, Henry was born. He was a pleasant surprise and now we are complete. I am forever grateful for three healthy, funny, gorgeous, creative, very bright, assertive children who make me think "what did I do with my days before kids?"
  • Nathan changing jobs. He realised he was underutilized and wanted to move up the corporate ladder. So he moved. I'm so proud of him and far he has come in the last 4 years.
  • 2011 was about a new life in our family. We focused on Henry's birth, Beatrix becoming a real little person - yes she's crazy and a handful but wow she's an amazing person who already knows what she wants. And we focussed on Isobel at Kinder and her growth as a smart, creative, intuitive and very caring person. She had a magnificent year, grew emotionally, spiritually and physically. It was a tough year for me as President of the kinder but we achieved alot and despite some tough times I learnt that I am a good leader.
  • I have a great job, a place I like going to two days a week, great co-workers, a caring environment for me to work in and a boss who is very supportive of me trying to balance work and family. I enjoy what I do there.
  • My friends are very important to me, be they on line in in real life. 2011 was a year where some flourished and others faltered. That happens as you get older and move into different stages of your life. I don't have any regrets but I did learn some valuable lessons along the way.
So 2011 was a good year, but 2012 is going to be a great year, filled with many firsts, lots of smiles, laughter, tears (I know I'll cry when Isobel starts school) and many memories. Hope you'll join me for the ride.

Oh and please bear with me as I overhaul my blog...not all links/pages/tags work yet...I'm still getting there.

Have a great day....Mal

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

might go and check this out. I need some positivity and simplifying in my life for sure.

Jasmine S said...

Yep, I love the idea of the 52 weeks. I am going to try and join in too. It's on my ever growing list.
So great to read about your "rights". Great to mention the positives rather than dwell on any negatives. And I think the little man's birth would be the greatest "right".
Good luck with the blog overhaul. Nightmare.
I lost all of my photos the other week and have had to slowly go into each post and re add them. Not happy Jan.
I am not even going near the design.

Tam said...

Oh, so glad you're playing along, Mal! We can gently nudge each other to keep up!

Loving your new design - the white background is lovely and fresh and makes it easier to read :)

Unknown said...

oh Mal...this is so inspiring...so many times I look at the negative instead of focusing on the positives!! Thanks for inspiring me..I am off to check it out!! Wishing you a beautiful 2012 :))xx