03 December, 2011

Wondering

As I sit here at another swimming lesson for isobel, she's been going since she was 7 months old and is 5 now, when is it appropriate to say something about her progress?

She can do backstroke really well, can do arms for freestyle well too but the side breathing part she is struggling with.

Is it her? Is it the teacher? Is it bc she's had two weeks off bc of dance photos and concerts?

With her starting prep next year I'm wondering if she should stop swimming but I'm reluctant as she enjoys it and I feel it's very important for safety obviously.

When I talked to her the other day about her activities and school she said she wanted to continue. She knows she's going to get tired next year, that it's going to be a full on year, especially in the beginning.

So I suppose I'll just sit here and keep wondering. See you next week.


Have a great day....Mal

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I think you should be worried about the progress...perhaps she's not responding well to her teacher? maybe a change?? I know Em got stuck at the same age and was at one level for 12 months. we changed teacher - {same school} who had a different approach and she seemed to fly through. How long has she been learning to do the side breathing? What do the teachers say for her development of that skill?
I'm of the opinion that swimming is a life-skill ..and something that should be kept at until they have mastered it... hope you find the solution that suits.